The candidate will provide multi-disciplinary engineering support and will apply knowledge and experience in engineering principles, criteria, and procedures to Air Force systems, subsystems, and equipment procurement activities, post award project/program management tasks, and acquisition programs throughout their life cycles. The candidate will provide products and services as described below in execution of its engineering support mission. The candidate will apply their knowledge and experience to organize and manage resources and personnel needed to efficiently and effectively accomplish DoD acquisition objectives consistent with DoD 5000.02 policies and procedures.
Specifically, the candidate must have 10-12 years of progressive experience supporting and developing large, major, and complex classified procurement requirements, and maintain a Top Secret level clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access with Counterintelligence Polygraph. The candidate will provide services as described below to support DoD acquisition program management requirements.
The candidate will have flight systems engineering knowledge and experience on ACAT I or equivalent aircraft development programs to include: knowledge and experience with the design, development, integration, test, and sustainment of aircraft flight systems software and equipment; at least and additional five 5 years of experience developing and integrating flight systems onto low observable aircraft; and an expert knowledge of development, integration, and test of flight systems software and hardware using tools such as an iron bird as well as on-aircraft testing.
- The candidate will support development and review of the full range of documentation and products required by DoDI 5000.02.
- The candidate will assist with execution of the USAF Airworthiness process per MILHDBK-516 and the AF Life-Cycle Systems Engineering (LCSE) and Operational Safety, Suitability, and Effectiveness (OSS&E) processes as prescribed by AFMCI 63-1201.
- The candidate will support implementation of Air Force Integrity Programs.
- The candidate will support requirements development, allocation, and verification.
- The candidate will support review and evaluation of DoD’s system design, analyses, and verification documentation and reports.
- The candidate will gather and develop technical and business data necessary to build and, as required, present program briefs.
- The candidate will support program meetings, working groups, and technical and business reviews as needed.
- The candidate will analyze equipment and software performance deficiencies make recommendations for corrective actions.
- The candidate will support development of contract and documentation changes and updates.
- The candidate will support source selections in a technical advisory role as requested.